Hey, Orange County! It’s your midweek host, Ashley Ludwig, and welcome to the Orange County Daily.
First of all, the weather forecast for the day:
The clouds give way to a partially sunny day. High: 66 Low: 52.
Orange County high tide on Wednesday will be 11:33 a.m. at 5.58 feet. Low tide will be at 7:12 p.m. at – 0.66 feet.
Sunrise is at 6:44 a.m. and sunset is at 4:43 p.m.
Today’s Orange County Daily is brought to you in part by our friends at Ring, the home security company. Ring does more than just doorbells: discover their full line of smart home products at Ring.com. And thank you Ring for helping to advance local news in Orange County!
Today in Orange County:
- Authorities learn more about Omicron Coronavirus variant in Orange County and Southland, is there less reason to worry? The Los Angeles Times takes a closer look at the infection rate and growing optimism. (Los Angeles Times).
- So we went back to 1998 Tuesday in Orange County. What happened with the outage of Amazon web services? The latest information. (Patch Los Angeles).
- Have you been having trouble navigating Disneyland these days? A new service is coming to design your perfect Disney day. Meet Disney Genie, Disney Genie +. (Disneyland Parks Blog).
- Laguna Beach Local Rich German, the nonprofit founder of Project O, sits on one of the biggest fish on the planet. To look closer. (Orange County Register).
- Coronavirus funding is creating diversity in Orange County classrooms, funding schools with more teachers, counselors and helpers than ever before. (OC Register).
- What could be more beautiful than the sight of dolphins frolic in Newport Bay? Not a lot! Take a look at Patch’s photo of the day. (Newport Beach Patch).
From my notebook:
- Orange County Fire Authority: “After graduating from our fire academy, our recruits go to their assigned fire stations. They will continue to train and gain experience during their one-year probationary period. “(Facebook).
- Jill from Sandy Toes & Popsicles: “HAPPYHANUKKA H. We wish all of our friends who celebrate a warm and joyful holiday on the last night of Hanukkah. Check out this amazing” it’s a small world “menorah created by my friend @ciaranblu.” (Instagram).
- Musical Theater Orange County: “We had an amazing offer today from a client who came to see Journey to Christmas. It was his first time seeing one of our shows, he was so moved by the show that he offered to match any donation that is given before the end of the year. “(Facebook).
- SoCal Field Trips: “Feel the magic that comes from being together at the annual Saddleback Christmas Lights Experience!” (Instagram).
- Orange County Rescue Mission: “THANK YOU to everyone who joined us for our 8th Annual Turkey Trot OC 5K! What an amazing way to spend Thanksgiving morning celebrating with our community and raising money to serve thousands of hot meals. “(Facebook).
- Orange County Registry: “Olympian Nancy Hogshead-Makar’s recommendation comes as Congress investigates the NGB’s handling of two cases of sexual abuse. “(Facebook).
From our sponsors – thank you for supporting the local news!
- Camino De Santiago Nature School – Innovative place-based education in OC for Kindergarten to Grade 6. (Visit the website).
- JDC Design & Consulting – Landscaping at its best (Visit the website).
- The Appliance Coach – Appliance Repair: We offer evening hours (Visit the website).
- SMILES AND TEARS HOST FAMILY AGENCY – WE NEED FOSTER PARENTS (Visit the website).
- Storage Valet – Delivery and Pickup of Portable Storage Containers (Visit the website).
- Vydeo Media – Need a marketing video? (Visit the website).
- Add your business here.
Please follow and stay informed! See you tomorrow for your next update. If you like these newsletters, consider bringing some of your friends and neighbors with you. You can send them this link to subscribe.
– Ashley Ludwig
About Me: Ashley Ludwig has been an online news columnist and editor since 2007. Prior to joining Patch, she worked as an editor for Southwest Riverside’s Valley News, both print and online. She was the co-founder of the Southern California news conglomerate, DailySoCal.com – and before that, a freelance reporter for publications such as the North County Times, San Diego Union-Tribune, and Southwest Riverside News Network (SWRNN. com), and still owns the local Southern California Wine Country blog: TemeculaGrapevine.com. Ashley Ludwig has been working as a web writer since the late 1990s. She graduated from the University of Arizona with a Bachelor of Arts and Science degree. Married and mother of two daughters, she is the author of several romantic thrillers. www.ashleyludwig.com
Do you have any advice or suggestion for an upcoming Orange County Daily? Contact [email protected] anytime.