Sea of Thieves is a unique1 cooperative multiplayer experience set in a shared world that combines the thrill of adventure with friends with the unpredictability of emergent gameplay and unexpected threats – both from other players and from the world itself.
Be the pirates you want to be, share adventures with friends and set your own rules, roles and goals in a world where every sail on the horizon is another player crew with unknown intentions.
Explore, fight and live the pirate life together in this unique, fresh and fun multiplayer game. Choose your journey and decide how you will approach adventures in a world where every sail on the horizon is another crew of players with unknown intentions.
July’s limited-time adventure, “The Forsaken Hunter,” tasked the pirates with fighting their way through the sea of thieves in pursuit of the missing Merrick, and the real culprits have now been revealed. The Dark Brothers – a collection of renegades who once attempted to take over the Sea of the Damned – are back to torment the waves. Now, Merrick is locked down in their latest base of operations, glimpsed in all its ominous glory during our recent cinematic trailer.
That means it’s time to trade clues for cannonballs, traverse the nearest archway (with a little help from the Pirate Lord), and battle the Dark Brothers in the Sea of the Damned. But the pirates will be on their backs in such strange territory, and Merrick’s captors will certainly not deliver it without a fight…
Summary of the Damned
Currently, the desperate fisherman is being held atop a twisted recreation of the Glorious Sea Dog Tavern, a reflection of one of the most mountainous landmarks in the sea of thieves. Reaching it will not be an easy task. The pirates will have to repel the attacks of a spectral fleet while striving to take control of three lighthouses around the perimeter of the tavern, illuminating a path to the top where the Dark Brothers and their prisoner await!
If all this talk of unearthly seas and transformed taverns has left you staring at your ship’s map and wondering where to start, help is at hand. our latest Upcoming Adventures The article is set to educate pirates old and new about the outcasts that make up the Dark Brotherhood, and how recent events have seen Merrick go from triumphant community leader to defiant captive.
Knowing that the gates to the Sea of the Damned must not remain open indefinitely, the Pirate Lord encourages the crews to join forces during this battle, taking on the Brothers together and making the task of scaling the tavern all the easier. While a single crew with enough courage and skill could prevail, those willing to rally support with their talking trumpets will have the best chance of reaching Merrick in time. With no treasure to fight over, cooperation could prove the key to success.
Supplies will also improve the odds, so be sure to stock up around the outpost before jumping into the fray. When you decide the time is right, speak to Larinna outside the tavern to get started, then seek out the Pirate Lord, who will be waiting at the docks to put Merrick’s rescue teams on the right track. Bring home the hunter and earn an exclusive souvenir of your adventure when you participate in “A Hunter’s Cry” by September 1. Remember to watch where you step…
For more information on the latest sea of thieves update, including full release notesvisit the sea of thieves website. This update is available for free for all sea of thieves players who purchased the game on Xbox Series X|S, Xbox One, Windows 10/11 PC or via Steam, or players who accessed it with Xbox Game Pass. Simply download and install the latest sea of thieves update to access it.
new to sea of thieves? Check out the latest free content updates on our What’s newto familiarise with Who is who or take some game tips from our Pirate Academywhich provides invaluable information on topics ranging from sailing to sword fighting as you prepare for your maiden voyage.
- A unique co-op experience that combines the thrill of adventure with friends with the unpredictability of a shared landscape and its threats, both from other players and from the world itself.
- Designed around players working together with shared goals and rewards, where you’ll set off on epic journeys in search of legendary artifacts and buried treasure, but in a world where every sail on the horizon is another crew. What flag are they flying and what do they want?
- Team up with your friends and be the pirates you want, choosing your own roles and goals. Explore the world, undertake quests or seek out conflicts. It’s your crew against the world, and how you treat other crews is entirely up to you.
- Invites players into a beautiful world with a distinctive art style, ready to be explored and with mythical creatures lurking on islands and beneath the inviting surface of the sea…
- Offers an experience that will evolve over time, landing early in the hands of players and growing through community ideas and feedback. New ways to play will be unveiled as the world expands and evolves.
sea of thieves is now available for Xbox One, Xbox Series X|S, and PC (Microsoft Store/Steam) as an Xbox Play Anywhere title, and also supports cross-play.
More articles on sea of thieves